A lot of homeowners consider showers as an alternative to full bathtubs. While others can actually do it with ease, it takes carpentry and plumbing skills to properly install a shower stall. It is best to get the services of a reliable Washington DC plumber to avoid any additional expenses and hurdles along the way.
However, if you feel that you really are determined to conduct shower installation in Washington DC, follow these simple steps as your guide.
- Plan and organize. It is important to determine the ideal location where you’re going to install your new shower. The place should be able to cover the water pipes and drainage pipes as well as your new shower stall.
- Choose your stall. There are a lot of types of stalls to choose from. Search the internet and decide which type will suit your place.
- Purchase the materials you need such as plumbing pipes and fittings, shower kits, waterproof sealant and tools. All of these come with instructions, especially the shower kit to guide you through the process.
- Clear and prepare the place intended for your shower stall. It is recommended to remove the installed bathroom tiles and install the stall base of the floor itself. Check manufacturer’s accompanying guide for the step by step process of installation.
- It is now time to connect the drainage lines. Secure the drain pipes with the kit. Seal the plumber’s putty and tighten into place to avoid leakage.
- Once you’re done, cover any exposed frames with water-resistant dry wall. Seal all exposed seams to water with silicone-based caulk.
While these steps may sound easy to follow, they are still easier read than done. It is still recommended to get the services of professional plumbers like the experts of Plumbers 911 in Washington DC. Having a professional do it will save you time and money in the long run.